Re: [DML] Need to extract a broken bolt.

Re: [DML] Need to extract a broken bolt.

All of this is helpful but I have one more suggestion. I have been
able to drill out taps, extractors, and drills with something very
simple. Go to Home Depot or wherever and get a 1/2 dozen small carbide
drills that are used for drilling in cement or tile. You will burn
them up and have to resharpen them often but if you are patient and go
slowly it can be done. It is ESSENTIAL that you are dead center and
have the correct angle when drilling. Use a medium speed drill WITHOUT
PERCUSSION and use tapping fluid profusely to keep things cool and
remove chips. Good Luck!
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Joseph Kuchan" <josephkuchan@xxxx> wrote:
> Since extractors are so hard you can forget about drilling them out.
Its