[DML] Ignition experiments

Since I've had people express interest in my ingnition issues, I have
new news to post but first, a question:

Has ANYONE bought an 18kV Bosch coil from John Hervey and had good
results? So far, I'm only hearing bad news about these. I've also
tried Accel, and "Standard" brands with the same poor performance.

Any wire that passes a strong enough signal makes an inductive field
which can be picked up by a timing light (unless it's shielded).

My last test with my timing light showed that all 6 plug wires nearly
quit firing under enough of an engine load. The next test was to move
back to the dizzy/coil feed wire and see if that dies too. It does
NOT. No matter how hard I spike the throttle, or lug the engine, the
coil always puts out a strong signal. I also put the timing light on
the white/slate control wire from the ignition ECU to the coil and
the pulsing control signal is very strong there under all loads as
well.

It's as if the higher voltage is breaking down the plug wires or the
rotor. The timing light is strong and steady at all points except the
6 distributor outputs. Also note that even if the cylinders are mis-
firing (as if fouled, bad wires, fuel starved), as long as the dizz
is spinning, the pulse coil should put good pulses to the ECU which
converts and amplifies these and passes them to the ignition coil.
The "loss" just seems to be on the 6 wires.

My wires and rotor are only 8-9 months old, but the rotor has a 5k
ohm resistor and the wires are of a generic make. They may not be up
to the task. I've ordered a new rotor, quality wires and a new pulse
coil (just in case). I'll post results this week once I get things
installed.

Rich A.