[DML] Re: Ohm's Law (Cigar lighter output)

[DML] Re: Ohm's Law (Cigar lighter output)

I've run into this situation before when I have attempted to use the
outlet for various accessories. Look into the outlet and you will
see that the + supply has a very large tab in a "u" shape. That tab
is probably grounding out because of an incompatible design of the
plug of your accessory.

To get around this I purchased an adapter at Radio Shack that has
worked fine. I have seen additional adapters that have proper fits
for modern accessories installed in the wooden frame just above the
battery. The back opens up into the space between the fuse/relay
compartment and the wooden frame. However, I just use a three outlet
multi-plug from Radio Shack plugged into the D outlet if I want to
run a CB, etc.

Harold McElraft - 3354