[DML] Re: Ohm's Law (Cigar lighter output)

[DML] Re: Ohm's Law (Cigar lighter output)

I am not quite sure what your problem is. The cigar lighter circuit
will supply 15 amps @ 12 volts continuously. Fuse # 17 is a 20 amp
fuse and supplies the cigar lighter and the clock (in the 81's). You
have to be careful with the recepticle because it is very "short"
meaning that many plugs do not fit correctly into it. I tried a
maplight and it kept falling out. In many cars they now provide
multiple 12 volt recepticles for the lighter, cell phone, radar
detector, CD player etc. Maybe you should just add a couple of
recepticles under the dash or in the side of the console. If the fuse
in the particular device you are plugging in blows the fault in in the
device, not the circuit powering it. Check the polarity. The pump
won't care but the electronic devices will. Maybe the lighter is wired
up wrong. The center contact is supposed to be + .
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757