[DML] Re: Turbos - bad wrap. What's UP!!

[DML] Re: Turbos - bad wrap. What's UP!!

Well I guess I should reply since I started this.

First off I wasn't trying give a technical seminar on the benefits of a
turbo, I am not that knowledgeable. I was just giving my observations on
the matter. What's the saying - sometimes you can't see the forest for
the trees. I don't have to be an engineer to know that my Island turbo
Delorean has been running fine for 6 years, no smoke, smooth, well
except for lately when one of the turbos stopped producing boost :-[.

As for thinking I am more qualified than Fred Dellis, I would never
assume that I am not that stupid, although some of you may disagree :-P
. Fred put a lot of effort, time and money into the Legend and I would
never compare them to the other turbos. Although he did say that he
designed it so that ANYONE could drive a Legend without blowing the
engine - even Video Bob!

Someone said that we shouldn't add turbos to our already overly complex
engines. Well now I am confused, because I keep on reading threads that
say our engines are not complicated. But I guess that's another issue.

I have a theory as to why the vendors don't want to work on turbos -
because they are too busy fixing the normally aspirated Deloreans that
they have no time for us..LOL.

One good thing did come out of my original post. Between all the replies
I now know more about the turbo setup! Thanks to all that replied - and
I still think turbos rock! :-)

Max