[DML] Swapping trailing arm bolts, catch 22

[DML] Swapping trailing arm bolts, catch 22

Dear all,

I seem to have a total different DeLorean then you all have.

I have these new trailing arm bolts and they have to get in my car with
automatic transmission. According to the manual it should be a piece of
cake. Got my car on studs and went on with it. First the right (looked
easier). Got the nut loose and had the struggle to get the bolt out. Removed
3 shims and after 1,5 hour of pushing, pulling, turning and tabbing the
trailing arm was disconnected. It must be my clumsiness because the bolt is
new and shines like a diamond (bought the car in September with 300 miles on
it). Strange thing was: this bolt that was loose now can not come out
because of the transmission that is in the way. That was a good moment to
check the archives! Learned a lot about these bolts and all of the specs and
there is mentioning of the left bolt that could be replaced without removing
the automatic transmission. No word about this right bolt, should be that
piece of cake again, I guess. I even learned that people change these bolts
in an hour and give their garage a good clean even the same time. Well
that's hopeful.
I went back again and tried to disconnect the rubber bushing mounting plate.
With that thing loose I can pull out the bolt in an angle? No such thing!
The two M8 bolts holding the mounting are in the frame (a nut welded on the
frame) but have also a counter nut behind that welded nut. Eventually I
should be able to get the bolt out that is most to the rear of the car, but
never the other. That is, not with the TAB in place because you can not
reach it with a wrenge! So the way I see it: the bolt can only be removes if
I get this mounting plate loose (at least that is my assumption: I couldn't
read it anywhere). The only way to get the mounting plate loose is to remove
the bolt. I thought you call that a typical catch 22 situation.

Maybe if my bolt was bend it would came out because I can move it along the
transmission but the way it is, I don't see how. And let's not forget, this
is the easy bolt where no word was even mentioned because it's that easy.
What about the left bolt? It should come out when I remove the trailing arm.
That is strange because I have the trailing arm removed (at the right) and
the bolt won't come out anyway with more space.

Please help me, what is going on here? Are my bolts longer then yours? Am I
the only one with the catch 22 situation (counter locking nuts) where you
can not reach the one that is practically in the frame? Is my assumption
right that the bolts come out (and in!!) with the mounting plate loose? (and
why isn't that written anywhere I wonder).

Anybody?

Kind regards,

Bit of desperate Michiel Bohmer