Re: [DML] Subwoofer

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004, Ancira Internet Department wrote:

> I purchased an 8" sub for the compartment behind the seat.

You do realize a 10" will fit, right?  It's close, but it works.

> My question is, how did you guys that have them seal the compartment
> off? Did you build a box for the inside? It just seems to me like that
> would take away from precious airspace.

I built an MDF box that I've screwed directly onto to the back of the
storage compartment cover.

Space is no problem if you buy the right sub.  I'm using an Image Dynamics
ID10v3 10" driver which requires only 0.5 ft^2 sealed volume enclosure, so
it easily fits into the storage compartment.  It's a dual voice coil 2 ohm
sub which I have wired in parallel to a 1 ohm steady 500 W amp.  Sounds
amazing.

Pick your sub carefully given the space available, and it will sound
great.

-andrew