Re: [DML] Pigeon Forge Show disappointing (Long)

Re: [DML] Pigeon Forge Show disappointing (Long)

Two Dollars from my perspective (post grew beyond 2 Cents as I wrote):

Based on Ken's preview of Pheasant Run, I worry DCS 2006 might focus
too much on "extracurricular" activities. My biggest complaint about
2004 is daytime Friday attendees were pretty much on their own
recognizance. The Dragon Run was not an organized event (misleading
advertising?) missed by quite a few of us. Not until evening did group
programming kick in, continuing however quite well through the
remainder of the weekend.

For me, some of biggest attractions are in the parking lot. Based on
the pandemonium I arrived to Thursday night at Smokey Shadows, my
sentiments are shared: car repairs, socializing, loud music, tech
advice, vehicle comparisions, etc. Despite a gruelling 9 hour drive
just completed, I of course joined right in (don't I look frazzled in
Jai Johnston's pic?). Didn't even check into the hotel until nearly
midnight. DCS could do worse than to captialize on this obvious
owner/enthusiast attraction.

Speaking of parking lots: did anyone notice how many people congegated
Saturday OUTSIDE the convention center? I made an obligatory pass
through the displayed cars, then spent the rest of the day among
vehicles that never made it in (BTW: anyone with a car stuck inside
could have gotten a ride back to Smokey Shadows, or anywhere else in
town for that matter, from those of us outside. Did you even ask?).

Vendors appear to have done a brisk business. I opted not to consume
their limited time or inventory with needs that could be met mail
order after the show. Would certainly have bought something had my
vehicle been out of service! Did make contacts for the future... (Can
you spell Bryan Pearce...). Definitely keep them at future DCS's.

I rather enjoyed evening programming (Friday & Saturday). Food was
excellent (did I hear Ken correctly Re: his wife baking desert for 500
people?). The speakers were very knowledgeable in their fields. Let's
be honest: Joe Charter was more background music than anything else.
And by the time the Cincinnati Chicks took the stage, the evening was
winding down to light weight closing silliness anyway (ditto for
Saturday's raffle).

Special note to future DCS attendees: if anyone comes by your table
offering to sell you a blue raffle ticket, don't buy it. Blue tickets
are not included.

The single best thing about a DeLorean is NOT the car. It's the PEOPLE
you meet through the car. In that respect DCS is something of a
misnomer. As long as Ken maximizes interactions between
past/present/future owners, enthusiasts, general public, and the
occasional celebrity, his show will be a success.

Bill Robertson

>--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, kKoncelik@xxxx wrote:
> I think the comments made is interesting since I cannot find the
person on
> the registered list. So they either just walked in or registered at
the show or
> are using an alias e-mail.
>
> If you  make a comment we all would respect it more if you identified
> yourself.
> Based on the lack of identifying yourself your comments mean very
little to
> anyone.
>
> I have no comment rather than to say if you can do better
(especially on the