[DML] DCS2006 suggestions

Regarding the tech thing----since the 2006 show is in our area, we're
looking at the possibility of hosting a pre-show tech event. This
would have to be somewhat controlled (planned) as I'm sure my neighbors,
already somewhat troubled by the Monster Garage thing (and the big
white trailer currently in my driveway) would not be amused by 35
DeLoreans lined up in the front yard. It's a long way off, but
consider it a possibility for those who want to show up a few days
early (or stay late).

We could also look into setting up one of those portable lifts in the
PR parking lot, I'll bet.

Dave (and Rich and Marty.....).

For example----
http://www.dmcnews.com/events/techweek03/techweek03.html

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "content22207" <brobertson@xxxx>
wrote:
> Two Dollars from my perspective (post grew beyond 2 Cents as I
wrote):

> For me, some of biggest attractions are in the parking lot. Based on
> the pandemonium I arrived to Thursday night at Smokey Shadows, my
> sentiments are shared: car repairs, socializing, loud music, tech
> advice, vehicle comparisions, etc. Despite a gruelling 9 hour drive
> just completed, I of course joined right in (don't I look frazzled
in
> Jai Johnston's pic?). Didn't even check into the hotel until nearly
> midnight. DCS could do worse than to captialize on this obvious
> owner/enthusiast attraction.
>
> Speaking of parking lots: did anyone notice how many people
congegated
> Saturday OUTSIDE the convention center? I made an obligatory pass
> through the displayed cars, then spent the rest of the day among
> vehicles that never made it in (BTW: anyone with a car stuck inside
> could have gotten a ride back to Smokey Shadows, or anywhere else in
> town for that matter, from those of us outside. Did you even ask?).

> The single best thing about a DeLorean is NOT the car. It's the
PEOPLE