[DML] Re: Florida Delorean - Was Shipping a Delorean

[DML] Re: Florida Delorean - Was Shipping a Delorean

This sounds like one that listed on ebay not too long ago.  It was
originally in NY and had a note on the title that the speedo had
exceeded manufacturer limits.  The seller said that it really only
had a little over 11,000 when the speedo died and that 11,000 was
close to accurate.  He claimed the note on the title was a mistake
and "this happens all the time".  I thought it was very strange.  He
claimed not to know anything about the history other than this.  He
was selling it in an estate sale.  Sounds like someone bought it and
within a couple months has decided to sell?

I'm also looking for a manual.

As an aside, I took a spin with Dan Deutch today in one of his two
cars and I'm sold. I just need to have an out building built on my
property.  I need to relocate my woodworking shop from my third bay
of the garage.  Don't wan't my Delorean sitting outside.

Thanks go out to Dan!  It was amazing to see his Concours winner.
The car looks like it was built yesterday.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dan Harris" <whocruiser@xxxx> wrote:
> --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "wannadelorean" <mcquinlan@xxxx>
> wrote:
> > Thanks to all who have responded.  I received a couple private
> > emails too and it seems my observation that Florida is lacking
in
> > quality Deloreans for sale has been confirmed by others. (no
> offense
> > to anyone selling a Delorean in Florida.)  There is a pretty 3
> rotor
> > rotary for sale in Miami but it is painted and I'm looking for
an
> > original SS.
> >

> There was an 82 Delorean listed for sale in today's Ft Lauderdale
> newspaper classified, and remembering your post about wishing
there
> were more good cars in Florida, I gave the guy a call about going
> over to look at it.  It was located in Pompano Beach, and very
close
> by, so I went over to take a look on my way home from work today.
> 1982, automatic, unpainted, flat hood with emblem, grey interior
with
> very minor wear cracks on the seats but otherwise immaculate
interior
> with no cracks on dash or binnacle, excellent stainless all around
> except for a very minor ding on the hood.  DOA sticker on the
> window.  Forgot to write down the exact VIN #, but it was in the
> 10,000's, with a Dec 81 build date.  Didn't actually drive it as
it
> was in a warehouse and blocked off from the door behind several
other
> cars, but it did start right up with a jump, and ran very
smoothly.
> AC ran cool right away.  Looked very original overall, no
noticible
> modifications, even has a good looking set of original NCT's on
> sparkling clean wheels.  Shows 11,000 miles on the clock.  There's
> PJ Grady service sticker on the door, so you can probably assume
it
> was well cared for there by the original owner at one time.
Didn't
> look too closely under the car, so can't comment on frame rust or
> not, or anything else underneath, but there were no apparent fluid
> leaks underneath the car.  Seller says he picked it up in an
estate
> sale from original owner's family, that it was last regularly
driven
> and registered in New York in 1991, was garaged since, and has
been
> started and maintained regularly since.  It looks to me like a
pretty
> good car, and anyone interested in looking into it further can
phone
> up the seller (his name went right out of my head - I really do
need
> to start carrying a little notebook!) directly at 754-366-2277.
He's