[DML] Florida Delorean - Was Shipping a Delorean

[DML] Florida Delorean - Was Shipping a Delorean

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "wannadelorean" <mcquinlan@xxxx>
wrote:
> Thanks to all who have responded.  I received a couple private
> emails too and it seems my observation that Florida is lacking in
> quality Deloreans for sale has been confirmed by others. (no
offense
> to anyone selling a Delorean in Florida.)  There is a pretty 3
rotor
> rotary for sale in Miami but it is painted and I'm looking for an
> original SS.

There was an 82 Delorean listed for sale in today's Ft Lauderdale
newspaper classified, and remembering your post about wishing there
were more good cars in Florida, I gave the guy a call about going
over to look at it.  It was located in Pompano Beach, and very close
by, so I went over to take a look on my way home from work today.  A
1982, automatic, unpainted, flat hood with emblem, grey interior with
very minor wear cracks on the seats but otherwise immaculate interior
with no cracks on dash or binnacle, excellent stainless all around
except for a very minor ding on the hood.  DOA sticker on the
window.  Forgot to write down the exact VIN #, but it was in the
10,000's, with a Dec 81 build date.  Didn't actually drive it as it
was in a warehouse and blocked off from the door behind several other
cars, but it did start right up with a jump, and ran very smoothly.
AC ran cool right away.  Looked very original overall, no noticible
modifications, even has a good looking set of original NCT's on
sparkling clean wheels.  Shows 11,000 miles on the clock.  There's a
PJ Grady service sticker on the door, so you can probably assume it
was well cared for there by the original owner at one time.  Didn't
look too closely under the car, so can't comment on frame rust or
not, or anything else underneath, but there were no apparent fluid
leaks underneath the car.  Seller says he picked it up in an estate
sale from original owner's family, that it was last regularly driven
and registered in New York in 1991, was garaged since, and has been
started and maintained regularly since.  It looks to me like a pretty
good car, and anyone interested in looking into it further can phone
up the seller (his name went right out of my head - I really do need
to start carrying a little notebook!) directly at 754-366-2277.  He's
asking $16,900 for it in the classified ad, and it looks like it's
probably a pretty good car for the money.

Dan Harris - VIN# 1662 - FL Tag# My 81DMC