[DML] Re: Door locking system question

Dani - Without seeing the instruction set, it's a little difficult
to say exactly what you're looking for, so I'll give you the
basics.  The door lock switches provide a negative (or ground)
signal to the door lock module, which then provides a positive
signal (+12V) to the solenoids in either the lock or unlock
direction.  If you tie into the DMC system "upstream" from the door
lock module, you want the alarm system to provide a negative signal
(ground) for lock/unlock functions.  In your instance, I would guess
green would go to the small brown/slate wire from the door lock
module, the blue would go to the small brown/pink wire, and the gray
would not be used.  However, that is an educated guess, so use it
accordingly.  Since your are using negative signals, you shouldn't
hurt anything if it's wrong in some way.

Toby Peterson  VIN 2248 "Winged1"
DeLorean Parts Northwest, LLC
www.delorean-parts.com

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dani B" <5n-@xxxx> wrote:
> I'm working on installing an alarm, only I am confused as to what
the
> DeLorean uses as far as door locking systems. The options of
> installation are Type 1:vehicles with + 12V output system, Type 2:
> vehicles with - 12V output system, and Type 3 +,- pulse signal.
Theres