Re: [DML] Re: accident

I am sure the answer to this question is "it depends".

It depends on who insures your D.  It depends upon
where you live.  It depends upon how long you have
been insured with them.  It depends upon your previous
claim record. Etc., etc., etc.

Clearly, if you live in Maine, NO insurance company is
going to pay to transport the car to Houston.  Why?
Their premiums, no matter how high you think they are,
are not calculated for such an extra expense.  On the
other hand, if you live in Arizona, for example, it
might be cheaper for them to pay for the transport and
have the job done correctly because it might still be
cheaper than finding someone "local" who could do the
job right.

If you think that you would want any and all body work
done by one of our vendors, I suggest you immediately
contact your insurance company and ask for their
concurrence, in writing.  BUT, don't hold your breath
waiting for it.  AND, if they say "sure - for $xxxx
more per year", don't be surprised.

Dick Ryan
VIN 16867

--- ryanpwright <yahoo1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Bruce,
>
> Terribly sorry to hear about this. :(
I am sure insurance companies do not like this and
would attempt to force you to take it to a local
body shop.

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail