[DML] Re: Would anyone like a set of these?

[DML] Re: Would anyone like a set of these?

Thanks!  I really appreciate the feedback.  The reason I made a set
for myself versus buying the stainless overlays was that, on my car,
an early '81, whoever drilled the nasty holes in it wasn't very
careful and melted a good portion of the plastic around the holes.
On the passenger side door sill, they even caught part of the "D" in
D M C with the drill.
The stainless overlays don't really make mine look all that much
better, since the raised portions of the sill are damaged as much as
the recessed portions that the overlays cover.
  Not surprisingly, most posts/private e-mails related to these door
sills have mentioned the price is too high.  Because price depends a
lot on the quantity produced, let me ask, would anyone be interested
if these could be purchased for $150/set?  My machine shop says they
would need to make at least 300 pairs to be able to price them at
that.  I'm not so sure it's optimistic to think that number would be
sold even after 10 years.

Does anyone know who designed the stainless steel coolant bottle?  I
wonder what quantity of those were ever sold.

Matt

<supermatty@xxxx>
> wrote:
> > Trying to see if there is any interest in having more of these
> > made.  The set I had made is anodized aluminum with a brushed
> finish
> > with black powder coat in the recessed sections.  The picture
here
> > is a rendering, though.  These have a threaded M6 stud on the
> > bottom, so if you remove your valence you can attach these with
> nuts
> > and washers.
> > The cost to make more of these is high for low quantities, so if
> > could get an approximation of how many people would be interested
> in
> > purchasing a set of these, it would be awesome.  The price will
> > likely be around $300 for a pair (driver and passenger side).
For