[DML] Re: A/C BURST on low pressure hose(was law countersuit)

[DML] Re: A/C BURST on low pressure hose(was law countersuit)

Any shop that would try to splice a blown A/C hose back together AND
WITH HOSE CLAMPS!!!! is not the kind of shop that does quality work.
Even if you could put it back together and it held, if it already went
bad in the first place you can expect it to blow again and again. The
hoses can be replaced without removing the body. Bite the bullet and
call a Delorean vender and get the right hose. The time and money
spent on refilling the A/C when the hose pops again will cost more
than just doing it right in the first place. You are dealing with a
lot of pressure in these hoses and anything less than correct will not
last. Make sure that someone checks the oil fill on the compressor.
Every time you lose refrigerent it takes some of the oil with it.
After several times you MUST check and add oil if needed. BTW the hose
that runs on the left side by the brake booster is the high side hose.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, John Podlewski <john_podlewski@xxxx>
wrote:
> I had my low pressure hose replaced some time ago, and recently
discovered, the last Mechanic that installed it actually spliced it in
half near the front of the vehicle, right under the Brake servo access
panel so it is easily seen.  I guess because they had no other way of
routing it without separating the frame from the chassis?  Well that
held for three whole days, so I took it back and they just put it back
together with clamps.  Well that held for awhile.
> Finally after seeking legal action for other various problems they
caused related to the fuel system and engine.  I repaired my Delorean
myself and took them to court and WON against G.T CAR CENTER in Ft.