Re: [DML] Fanzilla

I don't know the difference between Hervey's "FAN-FIX" and the "Fanzilla".
I will say that Zilla is a busy dude, and getting a response takes months.
I am interested in buying lots of his stuff but it does't seem to be
available.
I have been dealing with Hervey because he will always take you call even if
it is
on a Sunday night. Since I live here in Texas, Hervey will even drive to
meet me for parts
like he did today.
So I think that the support alone is worth it.

However, rather than "fixing" my fans, Hervey had a better idea.
I am proud to announce that I was the first to try out his new fan cooling
system.
After my front end collision, I needed to replace my fans, shroud and
radiator.
Hervey custom built a whole new fan assembly using new modern fans that are
much lower profile, and are build into a steel frame.
These were put onto a much larger radiator.
According to Hervey, they use HALF of the power of the original fans,
and pull about as much air, and are much quieter.
All I know is that it has been getting pretty toasty here in Fort Worth and
I drive in
stop-n-go traffic with the AC on MAX, and the TEMP never gets above the
second white mark.
(1/4 the way up).
Also, I never experience a power surge from the fans, I never know when they
come on or off
and unless I stick my head under the car to hear them.

So, if you want a long term solution for better performance instead of
tryting to trick the
the fans into alternating.... install the larger radiator and fans that
Hervey sells.
If you want the cheap way out just do the FAN-FIX.

...not that I am tring to be Hervey's shill, although he is quickly
becomeing my close friend,
everyone on this list knows I will not hold back on my opinions and so far
out of all the dealers
I have been dealing with Hervey has been the best. In product, price and
support.
He never ceases to amaze me at coming up with hard to find goodies or
superior replacement
parts that are better than the OEM parts.
My car is a much better and reliable vehicle thanks to him.
I feel very confident in driving it to PF this year.
Give him a call and form your own opinion.

- Videobob
VIN#5278