[DML] AC system and temp sensor both drop dead at the same time?

[DML] AC system and temp sensor both drop dead at the same time?

Ok, so I'm driving around and want to put on the AC. I turn the mode
switch and nothing happens. No click in the relay compartment and no
cooling fans. Normally the fans will go on with the compressor.

I look through the archives and find some info on diagnosing the
temp sensor. Bypassing it turns on the fans. Apparently that is bad,
so I need to replace that, but how can that be related to the
compressor not going on with AC mode selected? Isn't that bypassed?
I know it is bad because while messing with the car in the driveway
it got above that line where the fans normally kick in. But again,
that should be unrelated...

I have the shop manual, but the darn circuit for the AC doesn't have
the component names listed. Does anyone have that handy? This is
page M:18:19.

Is there a relay for the compressor clutch that could have blown up?
I have the fan fail relay bypassed with the two fuse deal.