[DML] Re: Unused wires in door harness

Bill - It's funny that you should bring up this particular topic.  My
own car (Winged1) has one bad solenoid, and the other is very weak.
While I obviously can replace them with new parts, I have never been
happy with the original solenoid arrangement.  When we started this
company, using Darryl's inventory from Specialty Automotive, a box of
dead solenoids was included.  They were to be rebuilt, and made
available as rebuilt replacements.  The very fact that there were so
many dead parts convinced me that something else needed to be done.
After conversations with other technically savvy owners who shared
the same concerns, I asked Darryl to sketch out the system of relays
and actuators that he had installed in his car nearly 10 years ago.
He was kind enough to supply me with detailed information on how this
installation can be accomplished.  We are now in the process of
creating a complete retrofit kit, based on Darryl's original system,
that will allow anybody to replace the solenoids with high-
performance actuators.  The total cost will be less (by quite a bit)
than simply replacing the bad solenoids with new ones.  The retrofit
requires custom-made brackets and linkage, actuators, and relays that
are used to switch polarity to the actuators in order to get them to
go both ways.  Our door lock actuator system will also interface
seamlessly with our Wings-A-Loft remote Door Opening Systems, for
those who want the benefits of both.  The door switches only provide
a ground signal to the door lock impulse relay, so other hardware is
required to provide control inputs to the actuators.  The
installation will be quite straightforward, based on Darryl's
excellent input.  Stay tuned for the official rollout - coming soon.

Toby Peterson  VIN 2248 (Winged1)
DeLorean Parts Northwest, LLC
www.delorean-parts.com

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "content22207" <brobertson@xxxx>