[DML] Re: No Start problem

The electrical problem was a dead short. Once I found the short some
things started to work but still a few things did not. So I decided to
change the fuses and sure enough fuse number 1 wasn't blown but was
not operating for some reason. I changed them and then everything
worked like a champ. Your suggestions helped me out greatly, and once
again after months of repairs my car is alive again. Also I seemed to
have forgotten to hook up the vacuum line to the brake booster causing
a massive vac leak. Once I hooked up the line and tried what you said
in your post, it started right up and idled pretty good. I ran it for
a long time bleeding the coolant of air and also making sure the
cooling fans kicked on as expected. Everything worked out great-thanks
so much for the help.

Now for my next question: I took it for a drive up the road, and when
I was inclined on the hill and accelerating, it would kind of buck and
kick-my thoughts were that it had insufficient gas and maybe the lines
were taking air. I filled a few more gallons and it didn't seem to
kick as severly but still did slightly on another test run. Is this
because of a lack of fuel? I would go to the gas station and just fill
it right up but I need to align the front wheels, get the license
plates on and etc. I checked my lines in the fuel tank, I am still
unfortunitly using the old 81 pump, lines, and all, but everything
seemed to be where it should and no hoses were collapsed or anything.
Any thoughts? Thanks again for your past and future responses. Dan
Benedek, #5003, alive once again