[DML] Re: No Start problem

For the bucking and kicking I would still suspect a problem in the
fuel tank. If the pick-up hose is soft or has a hole or tear in it
replace it. Make sure that the baffles are installed correctly and are
not cracked or otherwise damaged. Make sure the electrical connections
on the fuel pump are clean and tight. Another possablity is that when
you reinstall the pump you twist the pump kinking the hose. It is VERY
IMPORTANT  that the hose not be twisted or it can kink. I would take
all the parts out, drain the tank, wipe it out, inspect all the parts
replacing anything suspicous looking, reinstall the parts carefully
and refill with fresh gas. You could also have a venting problem
causing a vacuum to build up in the tank. If you hear a whooshing when
you remove the fuel cap inspect the vapor system. When a fuse is used
very near to it's capacity for a long time it can melt inside by one
of the cap ends and look good but be bad. You are never supposed to
use a fuse continuosly at more than 75% of it's rating. Either you had
the wrong  size fuse or the circuit is drawing too much current.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757