[DML] Re: Angle Drive Failure

Bob mine has worked fine so far, reverse & forward for all of the 7
miles I have driven since it was installed. Did you check to see if
it went back and forth correctly with no drag or no lock ups? One
quick other note I thought your origonal post said you got your
angle dribe from Hervey, I really didn't know there were this many
choices for angle drives out there.

For a bit of humor on my part, and something for other owners to
check for. I ended up not needing the angle drive after all. I have
the new one installed and working now, but after a successful
install and reassembly I still had no speedo. Turns out the lower
speedometer cable had managed to back off the Lambada and come
disconnected. Found that out only this morning as I was cleaning
little odds n ends on the car.

A few harsh words later, I simply reconnected the lower speedo cable
and all is fine again. I guess I should have looked a little better
as I thought it was odd that I had NO warning or ticking telling me
that there might be a problem with the angle drive. It just didn't
work the next time I drove it. Guess I looked before I lept and
assumed speedometer not working = bad angle drive. But at least I
now have the weak point in the speedometer fixed and the lower
speedo cable in the correct bracket now. Gotta love the little
quirks of these cars sometimes. :)

Joe OBrien

2524 & 16634