[DML] Re: Angle Drive Failure

Bearing grease is not the best lubricant for speedo cables. It causes
a lot of drag. The better choice is "speedometer cable lubricant"
which is just a very light oil with graphite. You should be able to
get a small tube of it in any large auto parts store for a couple of
dollars. Use it sparingly and it will be enough for a long time. You
also need to have the lower cable support bracket. If it is missing or
broken the speedo cable will have an extra bend in it which makes life
harder for the angle drive.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757