[DML] Angle Drive Failure

I am curious as to who out there has installed one of DMCH's new angle
drives, and had it fail quickly.
I am curious as to rather or not it was something other than the angle
drive itself.

I installed the new angle drive, but did not install new spedo cables.
I did pull the cables out and inspect for wear and kinks, and they
were clean. I cleaned them off and re-lubed them with bearing grease.
The drive worked fine for exactly 108 miles.
It failed after I backed up out of a parking lot about 50 feet.
I am positive it was working before I parked, but it was NOT working
after I backed up and began going forward again.

When I pulled the wheel off, I noticed that the new plastic cap
I installed was fine with no wear, as well as the spedo cable.
However, the angle drive shaft was twisted off at the end and there
were lots of little wire shavings inside the wheel.

It would appear that the gears inside jammed up in reverse.

Has this happened to anyone else?

PS- Warren did tell me he would replace the drive for me.
- VB