Re: [DML] Concours Judging For Options & Accessories

Re: [DML] Concours Judging For Options & Accessories

On that same note, a friend of mine was once at a car show where
there were doing concourse judging for several Chrysler vehicles. One
guy who had an early 70's B Body had gotton marked off points for
incorrect washer fluid color. After arguing with the judge, the guy
pulled out his drivers license, build sheet, and several old pay
check stubs. When they compared signatures, it was indeed proved that
he himself was the one whom had signed-off on his own car @ the
factory when he built it! And as he blatantly put it, workers only
concerns are to install what they have on the build sheet. And
sometimes the lack of specific parts on hand at the time will result
in lack of certain builds, as well as the use of substituted parts,
per what certain specs require. Workers' only concern @ the factories
are to assemble cars, and get them out asap. When building a car,
workers don't say to themselves, "20 years from now, will this car
meet the stringent requirements of a concourse competition?" This is
the last possible concern assembly line workers have. So what's
actually original, and what's "considered" original can be two
seperate things.

DeLorean specific, the question that I'd have is in regard to
accessories. Granted, I wasn't there when authorized dealers were
selling DeLoreans off their lots, so I've no idea as to what went on.
BUT, every car that I have ever seen on a lot will have 2 seperate
stickers. The MSRP factory which states what comes standard/optional,
and a secondary one which lists additional charges for Dealer Prep,
and Dealer Installed Accessories, etc... The problem that I'm seeing
here is that the Millennum Concours manual does NOT differentiate
between "Dealer Accessories", and "Dealer >Installed< Accessories".
If you've got a Luggage Rack installed, and NO delivery sheet to
prove that it was an accessory that was installed @ the Dealership
prior to delivery/purchage, shouldn't that be considered for a
repremand for points deduction since the car has been modified by the
owner(s)?

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"