RE: [DML] Re: Lowering Springs

My car was lowered by the previous owner, I think by DMCH.
It looks fantastic and drives perfect.
I have only scraped it once, and it was not the front spoiler but a part
under the car....
when pulling out of a very steep driveway onto the road to quickly, it
didn't do any damage though.

To me, the car looks just plain goofy without being lowered.
It sticks up in the front like it is in a solid state of thrust, or like a
low rider when it is popped up.
The slight lowering makes a big difference in the way it looks, and is not
as noticeable as when you see two cars side by side with the difference.
The gap between the fender and wheel is correct.

The "lowering" is nothing more than a restoration of the car's intended
height.
In case you are someone reading this and were not aware, the raising of the
car in 1981
had to do with a new bumper height safety regulation that DMC was trying to
meet after
production, and added the larger springs to compensate for the design.

I think the lowering is a good investment, and as far as scraping goes,
don't hop any
curbs and you should be fine.
Hey, it's a sports car....they ALL scrape!
- Videobob
VIN#5278