[DML] Capitalist Country (was LED)

Hello Bob and list,
  Bob, first I would like to say is, this is a free country. And you
can do anything or sell anything you want. I don't know if Jakes
post was out of fun or he was being sarcastic. But I agree with what
he wrote either way. I have been on this list for 5 years now. Some
list members even longer. We have all seen new DeLorean owners get a
little excited over the years about their cars. They want to be part
of the DeLorean community so bad and help with either the depletion
of parts or upgrades by selling their stuff. Allot of them don't
last very long.

  For example: there was a gentlemen who wanted to make a DeLorean
model. At the time there was no Sunstar DeLorean or other DeLorean
model out there.
This gentlemen told the group he had experience in making models and
promised the list he could make it a true replica. He took cash
advances from some list members and started his project. Long story
short some models delivered, others not. It was a bad scene that
left a bad taste in some mouths for a long time.  He was a good guy
who got in way over his head.
Door openers was another issue awhile back. One person getting angry
at another for giving away free advice. While the other wants to
sell it.

  There have been great people on this list that have given free
advice and their time to helping the DeLorean community.
You have to ask yourself are you helping the DeLorean community?
Flux capacitors? Radio harnesses? Antennas? Speaker Boxes?
If you found a supplier out there who sells a better mousetrap, then
why not let this list know who they are. It would be better than
going through a middle man. Then you become one of the great people
that have helped this community.

  I have given advice to this list where to buy and how to install
LED's on our DeLorean's. The gentlemen from Japan Hideki Okamura has
done the same as well.
A majority of these bulbs are available from loads of online
vendors. You can also purchase them from many auto parts stores like
AutoZone.
At one time I entertained the idea of having Torsion bars
reproduced. I talked to James Espey (the founder of this List) about
it. I decided that it wouldn't be worth it to me. Reason, how many
Torsion bars would I actually sell! Just because there rare doesn't
mean we needed them. On average how many DeLorean owners break
torsion bars a year? Not many, and the 2 or 3 a year that do. Still
wouldn't have covered the cost of the tooling and setup. So I gave
all information I had to James at DMCH. They can handle that venture
allot better than I could.

  I'm also I big fan of replicas. I own quite a few replica pieces.
I purchased them from a company called www.masterreplicas.com. They
are of great value especially the ones you can't get anymore.
I thought about purchasing some of the BTTF items being sold by
members on this list or Ebay. And believe me they are nice pieces.
But one thing that kept
me from purchasing such replicas. VALUE. If I purchase a Flux
Capacitor for $300 from some guy, it becomes nothing more than a
novelty item of no value. If I purchase a Flux Capacitor that is
NUMBERED, LIMITED RUN, AND LICENSED, it becomes a museum replica
that increases in value.
If anyone is interest in purchasing BTTF related replicas contact
Master Replicas. They want customers recommendations to go after new
licenses. Just tell them what you want. We might start seeing Flux
Capacitors, Time Circuits, Mr. Fusions, Replicas.

Bob please don't feel that I'm attacking you or ganging up on. I'm
sure your a nice guy who means well.

Good Luck on your new venture,

Mike
Vin #1113