[DML] Re: sound system upgrading

I couldn't disagree with your suggestions more lol. My DeLorean is a good example of how a DeLorean with speakers in their stock positions can make great sound. My car has 4 Rockford Fosgate speakers in the stock DeLorean positions, a JVC CD player, and a Pioneer Bass tube with built in amplifier. It sounds terrific, will rattle your brains out if you so desire, while bringing out percussion and guitar parts you never knew existed in your favorite songs. If you really want high quality sound, not just bass, you need AT LEAST 4 speakers, a decent head unit, and some sort of an amplified subwoofer. Another big helper in the DeLorean is adding sound proofing material. The DeLorean is kind of noisy inside from road and engine noise... you won't believe what a difference this will make in regards to your sound system. Several vendors are now selling soundproofing material, or you can go online to someplace like Jegs and get a roll of the stuff and go crazy with it.

--- "Video Bob" <videobob@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I didn't even bother with that, I just pulled the panel out from the back,
poked my arm through
and yanked the speakers out.
They are just sitting there, they are not screwed in.
They are held with a hose clamp but can easily slip out.
I would not bother replacing them because they completely suck.
You are much better off just installing some really good front speakers, or
having some sort of a small rear speaker box until you are ready to install
decent
speakers into the back wall.
You can get a small little kicker box from Wal-Mart with speakers in them
for less that $40.
Just yank your rear wires off the speakers by reach from behind the wall
(after you pull it back)
and plug them into the box.
This will sound much better.

I already went through all of the trouble of installing new 4x10's only to
find that they SUCK.
There is no back pressure, no way for them to create bass and the
positioning is wrong.
That is why I am cutom building my own rear BOX, a solid BOX that will have
air space
for making bass. That's the ONLY way to get it.

- VB
VIN#5278

Buy and sell stocks in NFL teams! Get paid dividends every time your team wins! Free limited-time trial at http://www.AllSportsMarket.com/Index.asp?Refer=delomail