RE: [DML] Doing the sums on Don Steger's chrome wheels.

RE: [DML] Doing the sums on Don Steger's chrome wheels.

Bob,

I recall you asking for the cheapest price so I mentioned that I prefer not
to sell just the rarest parts but could offer you a better deal if you
bought all your parts from us. I asked you for a copy of your estimate
(which you refused to provide for some reason) so I could see exactly what
you needed and figure the most competitive price with a mix of new and used
parts. I also said that I wanted your old fender and possibly the hood if
you wanted the best price. I suggested $3000- for both the 1981 hood and L/H
fender with a core exchange. The "$3000- hood" we spoke of was for one with
a gas flap (which is about as rare as a hens tooth) and I told you I didn't
really want to sell it as I had a need for it in the shop. You said you
wouldn't pay that much anyway so I thought we were in agreement. I never had
a feeling that you were negotiating in good faith because you called
everyone under the sun and never gave me a list of parts you wanted. You
said "give me the price of all the parts in the front end" which would have
taken hours to compute and be impossible to compare with your elusive
"estimate". If anyone got taken for a ride I think it was me. I do
appreciate your previous parts order but don't care for the slam in light of
how you handled the entire situation. I am extremely busy with both business
and family matters and cannot afford to waste my time with people just
trying to play one vender against the other. It's not always the vender who
is wrong... sometimes it IS the customer!

Sincerely,

Rob Grady

To be honest, everyone has sort of done this to me.
Rob Grady had a hood he was going to sell me, but only if I bought ALL of
the replacement
parts for my car from him as well as give him all of my wrecked parts.
When I didn't go for that, the hood suddenly was not for sale?
Well, that's not totally true, he did have one for $3000.00 which may be a
good deal
but was out of my budget.