[DML] Starting problem

This evening my wife and I stopped at a store after about a ten mile drive.
After an hour of shopping, we returned to the car and I started it letting
it idle while she got in the passenger side and was closing the door.  The
engine stopped and would not start again.

The gas gauge registered just less than one-half.

The car is new to me and I am on the second tank of gas since its purchase.
The gauge may be inaccurate.

I put two gallons into the tank from two gas cans a tow truck furnished.

When I tried to start it, I got a couple of indications that it was about to
start, but, it did not.

Could I have a problem that it lost its prime?  Could the fuel pump be
having a problem filling lines that do not have gas?  Could I have flooded
it?

It has been easily starting whether hot or cold.

What can I do before having it towed to my mechanic?

Roland Smith
6667
Oakland, California