[DML] Pics Uploaded (B27A and B27F)

Just uploaded pics to #5939's photo album as follows:

(I thought Dave Swingle was going to purge the photo albums. Since I
cleaned #5939's out already, hopefully he'll leave it alone...)

B27A_1 -- Overall pic of the engine with LP carb attached (this engine
was destined for maritime use). A Weber gasoline carb will bolt right
up in its place.
B27A_2 -- Closeup of the single venturi intake manifold. This is a
single plane manifold. The carb spacer is multi-positionable (see pic
B27A_5). Notice how accessible the ignition distributor is.
B27A_3 -- Closeup of A series heads, never drilled for fuel injectors.
I like the cylinder numbers cast into the head (PRV tuneup for
dummies). Cylinder numbers are also cast into the valve covers.
B27A_4 -- Closeup of hose clamps behind the water pump, accessible
with the intake manifold in place. Of course removal is so fast and
easy, why bother reaching in there?
B27A_5 -- Underside of the intake manifold showing multi positionable
carb spacer. Notice also the water distribution pipe was never drilled
for various sensors.

B27F_1 -- B27 F series single piece upper air assembly. Compare this
to the nearly identical upper air assembly on my Renault Z7V.
B27F_2 -- Auxiliary air valve, used for fast idle before the adoption
of CIS. Note the CPR has no provision for full throttle enrichment (is
004 series, correct for B27F).
B27F_3 -- Access hole for a cam driven mechanical fuel pump. I have no
idea what this particular valve cover is doing on my F series engine!
Everything else on it is correct per Volvo factory literature, so I
can only assume that a previous owner swapped the original F series
cover with an A series for some reason (warped?). If/when I install
the above A series engine in a DeLo, I'll use this cover and a
mechanical fuel pump.

Note that although I've referred to my A series engine as a "B27", it
could well be a B28. There are no engine ID plates to tell. Valve
covers are interchangeable, so their cast numbers won't help me
either. B27 and B28 compression specs are the same, so I can't
determine with a compression test. If anyone knows some other way to
differentiate with the heads still in place, please let me know!

Bill Robertson