[DML] Re: Seeking advice on buying a DeLorean

[DML] Re: Seeking advice on buying a DeLorean

>From my experience, it's all accurate.  True, my car has hardly any
problems, (execpt the angle drive just went south three days ago),
but I have had some issues.  I'm behind the wheel more than I am
under the hood.  However, I did purchase mine from someone who
rebuilds classic/exotic cars for a living and he had two D's in his
eight-car garage.

When my speedo stopped it made me realize, "Well, nobody else is
gonna fix it and I certainly don't trust anyone to, so I guess that
means it's up to me."

Sure you can get some parts locally, but I don't bother taking any
chances with something I haven't tried before.  I know that I'm
guaranteed to get it right by ordering from the vendors.  Besides,
they can always use the business.

What that letter is saying, is don't expect to just buy and drive
like you would expect a Honda or a Toyota.  I really can't tell you
how many times I've been stopped and heard how much "I want one" from
sombody who probably wouldn't care if it did rot in their driveway.

I've read as many posts about people wanting to buy a D as I've
heard.  I just felt it would be good to give a reality-check to those
who are interested.  Yes, it's just a car, but I would hate to hear
someone get one to just find out that it has more issues than Time
magazine.

By all means, get your Delorean and enjoy it.

Johnny
5518

BTW: Letter was reprinted/edited with permisson.

Johnny,

Thank you for the response. Now, how much of this is really accurate?