Re: [DML] Locked out of car!! Keys inside. Anyway to get in???

Re: [DML] Locked out of car!! Keys inside. Anyway to get in???

I heard a clever way of unlocking the doors a few weeks/months ago... The
message (which evades me now) says that hitting the fibreglass just in
front of the inertia switch (to the rear of the driver's wheel) can make
the inertia switch trip.  The switch cuts the ground to the fuel pump,
but also disengages the door locks as a sort of "safety feature".

You said the battery is out, but you can easily connect power to the car
with jumper cables to the jump start post and engine block.  Oh, if the
engine cover is latched, you will either have to push in a vent or access
the post or try to access it from underneath.  It may be easier to
connect a jumper cable to the starter post, which is accessible from
under the car.

This is all assuming that your inertia switch and door lock solenoids are
working.

Jim

On Thu, 05 Feb 2004 02:16:10 -0000 "joeyoseppi" <joeyoseppi@xxxxxxxxx>
writes:
> I was selling one of my deloreans and the shipping company that is
> shipping it made the biggest mistake you could make. They locked the
>
> keys in the car accidentally. I told them to be sure to take the
> kays out as it was the only set. There is no battery in the car as
> it was being transported as non-running. But they accidentally
> pushed the lock button while fumbling with the door handle. The door
>
> isn't fully closed, just caught on the safety latches. So now they
> can't move my car, and they have actually said they might half to
> return it to me and just refund my money. Basically returning me a
> locked car with the keys inside saying they don't want to "mess with
>
> a vehicle of this caliber" Man I am getting seriously screwed here.
> Is there any way to get in safely or to get a door key cut from a
> VIN Number? If not I am SO screwed. If anyone has any miracle answer
>
> please let me know. Thanks oh so much.
>
> Joe

> address:
> moderators@xxxxxxxxxxx