[DML] Delorean Best in Class, Chicago World of Wheels 2004

[DML] Delorean Best in Class, Chicago World of Wheels 2004

List,

Just thought I would let everyone know that my Canadian spec
Grand National powered Delorean took home the Best in Class
award at the 42nd annual World of Wheels custom car show in
Chicago, IL this weekend.  Although it was the only Delorean,
there were plenty of other cars in the consolidated sportscar
class and the Delorean was victorious.

As a side note, I also had the Avenger GT40 Rock Crawler at
the show as well, and that vehicle took home a second place
award in the custom 4x4 class.  As most of you know the GT40
Rock Crawler was built this past summer by a team of Delorean
enthusiasts (and a few others) for Monster Garage in 4 days.
And yes, I did get to keep the vehicle after we did the show.

Both the Delorean and the GT45 RC were displayed in a Backyard
theme, since the GT40 RC was built for a Backyard Monster show.
I had a DVD copy of the show running throughout the weekend,
which helped to tie in both vehicles to the display.

Thanks to everyone who stopped by at the show, especially some
of the build team, who stayed a little longer to answer visitor
questions about the MG show (and gave me a little break).  Most
of the people at this car show liked Deloreans and the MG show.

I should have a few photos of the display up on my website
sometime soon, so check them out, www.DeloreanMotorCars.com

I hope to have one or both of these vehicles on display at
the Delorean Car Show in Pigeon Forge, TN this June.

Later,
Rich W.

To visit your group on the web, go to: