           From: "content22207" <brobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
      2. Other uses for fuel line hose
           From: "content22207" <brobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
      3. gas pedal
           From: "edherrmann" <edherrmann@xxxxxxxxx>
      4. Re: PRV Intake Question
           From: "B Benson" <delornut@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
      5. Re: Nasty screws and bolts
           From: "twinenginedmc12" <twinenginedmc12@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      6. Ceiling leaks!!
           From: "John Elgersma" <delorean@xxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 05:08:27 -0000
   From: "content22207" <brobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: My water pump failed again, revisited.

Check out Dave Swingle's pertinent article from website:

http://www.dmcnews.com/Techsection/waterpumpDMC3.html

Really FYI, since he too recommends buying pump with pully already
installed. Is what you're paying a little extra for (sometimes doesn't
pay to reinvent the wheel). Fascinating procedure though, eh? When my
time comes I'm planning to let experienced installer do it as well.

Worth every penny?

Bill Robertson

>--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "miltdanfoss" <dan.foss@xxxx> wrote:
> Thought I'd share my experience this weekend.
>
> After rebuilding the engine because of a bad water pump, the darn
> thing failed again on the first day I actually drove it anywhere
> after the rebuild.
>
> When I took the failed water pump out this weekend, the pulley would
> not rotate (and by the way, I only removed the belt, the throttle
> barrell assembly and the intake plenum 'w pipe').
>
> I saw on www.specialtauto.com a picture showing how to tell if the
> pulley was pushed on far enough and sure enough it was out 3/4 of an
> inch.
>
> When I took the back of the pump off, I found that the impeller wheel
> had indeed been rubbing the back of the water pump case, and in fact
> there was quite a bit of damage to both the back and the impeller
> wheel too.

Message: 2