      1. Re: Transmission debris
           From: "jtrealtywebspannet" <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      2. Re: No spark
           From: dherv10@xxxxxxx
      3. refrigerant oil, how much?
           From: "Walter Coe" <Whalt@xxxxxxx>
      4. Coming to America - www.delorean-livingthedream.co.uk
           From: "simioid2000" <simioid@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      5. RE: delorean scam
           From: "Bob & Vicky Miller" <delo1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      6. Re: Coming to America - www.delorean-livingthedream.co.uk
           From: "daveswingle2" <dswingle@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
      7. Re: refrigerant oil, how much?
           From: tonilfhs98@xxxxxxx
      8. Re: refrigerant oil, how much?
           From: "Tom Niemczewski" <tomciodmc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      9. Re: refrigerant oil, how much?
           From: "jtrealtywebspannet" <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
     10. Door Adjustments
           From: "Murray Fisher" <murrayf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
     11. Re: Coming to America - early Sept. Midwest stop
           From: "d_rex_2002" <rich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     12. Re: No spark
           From: "jtrealtywebspannet" <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
     13. RE: Re: Coming to America - early Sept. Midwest stop
           From: "K Creason" <dmc4687@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     14. Re: refrigerant oil, how much?
           From: tonilfhs98@xxxxxxx
     15. cargo space
           From: "joshp1986" <joshp1986@xxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2002 19:07:38 -0000
   From: "jtrealtywebspannet" <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Transmission debris

If the trans keeps filling up with "debris" otherwise known as
friction materiel this is bad news. This can only be coming from the
clutch plates. This happens when the trans is used with too low a line
pressure and the clutch packs slip execessivly. This is a viscous
cycle as the more debris the lower the line pressure, the lower the
line pressure the more the slippage, the more slippage the more
debris. I think the best thing to do at this point is to remove the
trans again and disassemble and inspect everything. Make sure that the
torque converter is flushed of ALL debris. Make sure the filter isn't
 defective (there was a bad batch of filters). Replace anything worn
and reassemble to correct running specs. If you aren't able to do
trans work then send off the torque converter, trans, final drive
package to someone who can rebuild it for you. This isn't a valve body
problem, it only shifts the gears, it doesn't directly control line
pressure. By the way an automatic doesn't have a easy life on a
Delorean with a turbo so expect the trans not to live forever anyway.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "NJPIII" <NJPIII@xxxx> wrote:
> Hello all my first post here looking for some help
> Part time DMC tech full time service Mngr at Delorean Cadillac yes
> there is a relationship older brother of John owns dealership.
> have a car here which used to have a single turbo. Installed veh
> trans was sent out 2 years ago for overhaul as trans could not take
> power from the turbo and lost all gears,car sat finally installed
> trans was done by rob at PJ Grady driven for about 40 miles then
> started losing gears, installed pressure gauge and find it loses
> almost all pressure after 20 seconds after starting,removed pan
found
> xs debris blocking filter, cleaned  reinstalled and tested again ok
> for about 4 miles then problem starts all over again have a nos
> valvebody installed it and same condition again ???

Message: 2