      1. Replacement transmission?
           From: Foleyverre@xxxxxxx
      2. Re: fascia repair/paint
           From: "Walter Coe" <Whalt@xxxxxxx>
      3. Nakamichi deck -- real nice in DeLorean
           From: "Digital Devices" <delorean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      4. Re: Sunstar DeLorean models
           From: "basfe25" <drrub46@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      5. Why does it pop out of 5th gear?
           From: "C. C. Cameron Putsch" <putsch.1@xxxxxxx>
      6. a/c blower question....
           From: billsfanmd@xxxxxxx
      7. Re: Replacement transmission?
           From: "Ian Foster" <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      8. Re: fascia repair/paint
           From: dherv10@xxxxxxx
      9. Re: a/c blower question....
           From: dherv10@xxxxxxx
     10. Re: finding freon leaks
           From: "Walter Coe" <Whalt@xxxxxxx>
     11. RE: Replacement transmission?
           From: "Marc A. Levy" <malevy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     12. Tail of the Dragon
           From: "Scott Mueller" <scott.a.mueller@xxxxxxx>
     13. Re: Door Adjustments
           From: "jtrealtywebspannet" <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
     14. Re: finding freon leaks
           From: "jtrealtywebspannet" <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
     15. Re: Erratic idle speed - update
           From: "jtrealtywebspannet" <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
     16. Re: Replacement transmission?
           From: "jtrealtywebspannet" <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
     17. New kid on block (#5939) Question #1
           From: "content22207" <brobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2002 19:15:38 EDT
   From: Foleyverre@xxxxxxx
Subject: Replacement transmission?

I am looking into buying a Delorean in pretty decent condition with one major
glitch:

It is an early 1981 DMC-12 with a disassembled, non-working automatic
transmission. My plan is to replace the engine and transmission completely,
but first get the PVR-6 up to spec. I know this is a place where this topic
may have been "done to death", but I have hardly anywhere else to turn.
If there already is a log of this topic, or another resource that has covered
this
I would appreciate the location!

My question: with a rear-mounted engine, what kind of tranny is it?
transverse?
what "modern" car would use a rear mounted engine/tranny? porshe? Hybrid car
with style... A honda spoon engine with trans was available for less than
$10k
not too long ago here.

Any help appreciated...
Brian Verre