      1. Re: Rear ended and insurance
           From: "Harold McElraft <hmcelraft@xxxxxxx>" <hmcelraft@xxxxxxx>
      2. Re: Rear ended and insurance
           From: "robert parker" <roberthparker@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      3. "DUHHH!!!!" at the gas pump
           From: kkoncelik@xxxxxxx
      4. Re: A/C Problem, Repairable?
           From: "therealdmcvegas <DMCVegas@xxxxxxxx>" <DMCVegas@xxxxxxxx>
      5. Re: Re: "DUHHH!!!!" at the gas pump or "THE TOLL BOOTH"
           From: kayoong@xxxxxxx
      6. Re: GEICO Insurance Co.
           From: "beatlesra1 <beatlesra1@xxxxxxx>" <beatlesra1@xxxxxxx>
      7. Re: Re: A/C Problem, Repairable?
           From: "Joseph Molino" <foxmul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      8. RE: Re: Rear ended and insurance
           From: "Jerry Condray" <genghis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
      9. Re: Re: GEICO Insurance Co.
           From: Noah <sitz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
     10. A DML thank you to David Teitelbaum
           From: "dmcmike2002 <billsfanmd@xxxxxxx>" <billsfanmd@xxxxxxx>
     11. Re: A/C Problem, Repairable?
           From: "David Teitelbaum <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>" <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
     12. RE: "DUHHH!!!!" at the gas pump
           From: "Murray Fisher" <murrayf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
     13. Re: Re: GEICO Insurance Co.
           From: Mark Noeltner <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     14. New to the list (alittle OT)
           From: "Eric Kinzie <ekinzie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>" <ekinzie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     15. Re: Re: GEICO Insurance Co.
           From: John Gedeon <johne_g@xxxxxxxxx>
     16. delorganization
           From: "dmcmike2002 <billsfanmd@xxxxxxx>" <billsfanmd@xxxxxxx>
     17. Sunstar Delorean
           From: "David Teitelbaum <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>" <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
     18. Change of addy
           From: "murrayempire" <murrayempire@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
     19. Poll results for dmcnews
           From: dmcnews
     20. Re: Sunstar Delorean
           From: abatt10347@xxxxxxx
     21. Re: "DUHHH!!!!" at the gas pump
           From: abatt10347@xxxxxxx
     22. delorean tee shirt (KoolArt)
           From: id <ionicdesign@xxxxxxxxxx>
     23. DMC Original Poster...I'm so lucky
           From: "supremeadmiralsenn <StadnickAd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>" <StadnickAd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     24. RE: delorean tee shirt (KoolArt)
           From: "Scott Mueller" <scott.a.mueller@xxxxxxxxx>
     25. Re: Re: A/C Problem, Repairable?
           From: Soma576@xxxxxxx

Message: 1
   Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 04:32:25 -0000
   From: "Harold McElraft <hmcelraft@xxxxxxx>" <hmcelraft@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Rear ended and insurance

This is excellent advice even if the car is not a daily driver.
Thanks, David.

Harold McElraft - 3354

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "David Teitelbaum <jtrealty@xxxx>"
<jtrealty@xxxx> wrote:
> This accident brings up a very important issue for anyone using a
> Delorean as a "daily driver". If you are using "ordinary"
insurance
> and you get hit the insurance company will compare the cost of
repair
> with the "value" of the car. ........

David Teitelbaum
> vin 10757
>

> --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "therealdmcvegas <DMCVegas@xxxx>"
> <DMCVegas@xxxx> wrote:
> > This might also be a good time to consider installing a CHMSL,
or
> 3rd brake
> > light. I can't speak for every other drivetr out there, but in
> traffic I focus on other
> > people's 3rd brake light, and

Message: 2
   Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 04:53:11 +0000
   From: "robert parker" <roberthparker@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Indeed, a lot of insurances have "approved" repair facilities.  However,
when I had to deal with my co., Allstate, I told them I approved the
facilities, the shop's job was to do the repairs, their job was to pay the
bill, & my job was to take care of MY car!  Do you have a problem with that?
  They said "uh, no."  They paid the bill.   You are NOT obligated to go to
any particular shop in Okla.  YOU choose, THEY pay.  I've also learned not
to accept a check before the work is done.  When the job is complete (there
may be hidden damage), the shop notifies the insurance, & a check is then
cut.   I do not tolerate being jerked around any more than I have to be.
(And we all know how much we get jerked around with coverage/premiums!)
Just a bit of what I have learned & how I deal with this type of problem,
FWIW.         Drive Stainless    Robert VIN 6924