Re: [DML] Re: A/C Problem, Repairable?

Robert,

As David T. said, it is entirely possible to replace the A/C hoses w/o
seperating the body from the chassis. the best way to do it is to either get
Rob Grady's hoses with removeable fittings (a novel idea) which you attach on
after you fish the hose thru, OR you can go to a good A/C shop where they can
make you custom lines out of any material and they can crimp new permanant
fittings on it by using an impact crimper thru the top of the engine bay for
the rear lines, and in the wheel wells or brake access panel for the front
ones. simple as cake. i was quoted approximately $75 per line plus labor on
installation with top-quality crimps and fittings, and with hose capable of
holding R-134A. my lines weren't too bad, only had a rub leak where the line
was hitting the steering U-joint, so i opted to just repair about 18 inches
of hose for around $30.

i pity anyone who attempts to bust their knuckles any other way. i can think
of a lot of other projects more difficult than this!

Andy

In a message dated 1/6/03 5:50:36 AM Central Standard Time, DMCVegas@xxxx
writes:

> Aside from that, just how hard is it to seperate
> the body from the chassis for this, and how exactly will I be able to slide
> the
> hosese thru?

Soma576@xxxx
1982 DeLorean DMC-12 VIN#11596