      1. Re: Bosch Alternator Swap
           From: dherv10@xxxxxxx
      2. Re: Twin Turbo Scematics or enginerring theory?
           From: "therealdmcvegas" <DMCVegas@xxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 08:57:35 EDT
   From: dherv10@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Bosch Alternator Swap

Kenneth,  14.5 or 14.4 volts is normal output setting for most alternator
regulators manufactures.  At 15 volt you would boil the battery and no
telling what else would happen to other electronics in the car. Remember,
when your above 12.66 volts your running on the alternator voltage. I have

built alternators with adjustable external regulators which would give the

customer what ever they wanted on the gauge but the battery smell gets
pretty
strong in the car fom boiling.
To my knowledge, Bosch didn't make a replacement and if they did it would
be
the original current output as the Motorola ( low ).
John Hervey
http://www.specialtauto.com/alternators.shtml

<< Original Motorola is outputting 14.5  .5 less then it should
 When under heavy load (a/c radio, lights) volt meter is in the red
 As well housing is cracked
 I would like to replace the alternator with something common . BUT GOOD!

 Thinking along the lines of BOSCH since so much else of the car is from
 bosch.  Just looking for suggestions and perhaps cross references

Message: 2