Re: Tune-up question

A tune-up for the 30,000 mile interval would include the following
parts:
New spark plugs
New distributer cap and rotor
New ignition wires
New fuel filter
New air filter
New oxygen sensor
Any other parts that are found to be worn out like vacuum hoses, vee
belts, etc
Some of the work that would need to be done includes replacing of all
of the above parts and:
Adjust valves
Check ignition timming
Compression test of all cylinders
Check fuel mixture adjustment
Clean and test the fuel injectors
Verify that all engine systems are functioning properly
Load test battery
Usually do a grease job, oil change, and a complete visual inspection
of the entire car noting any missing, broken, or worn parts. If the
brake, clutch and coolant fluids are old, flushing and replace with
new.
The best thing you can do is to reference the Workshop Manual as it
can give you all the details you need. Some people may just "throw" in
a set of new spark plugs and call it a complete tune-up. From this
short description you can see it really is a lot more than that. Most
shops take their cue from the owner as to how much he wants to spend.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, RJRavalli@xxxx wrote:
> What else should be done during a DeLorean tune-up besides spark
plugs and perhaps a new battery? My idle is fine and I don't want it
played with. Any suggestions on what I should ask for at my shop?