           From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe@xxxxxxx>
      2. Re: Schematic for fan/relay
           From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe@xxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 00:20:01 -0500
   From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: A/C cycling switch

Mike,

Walter is correct in his response to your question. I would like to add
that
the statement you quoted from the article that said "if adjusting the
switch
makes no difference then you should replace the switch". This is
completely
wrong.

The AC Cycle Switch, which is correctly named the Low Pressure Cut Off
Switch, is factory calibrated and the adjustment should not be tampered
with. Excessive cycling of the AC compressor is almost always caused by an
insufficient level of R-12. As Walter said the engage or "on" time of the
compressor should be no less than 7 seconds with the engine RPM at 3000.
If you have tampered with the switch you should replace the switch and add
freon until the compressor cycles within the above mentioned time period,

DMC Joe/Help Club dmchelp@xxxxxxx
Information & Store http://shopping.oraclesmallbusiness.com/dsvstore
DeLorean Website Directory www.dmc.tv

Message: 2