      1. Flat tire what now?
           From: "Palatinus, Joe" <jopalatinus@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
      2. Re: door launchers
           From: "John L. Rahn" <john_rahn@xxxxxxx>
      3. Re: looking for a hood
           From: "David Hamblyn" <hammy140@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      4. Re: Overheating...
           From: jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx
      5. Re: d on ebay #595749357 (was a/c panel lites)
           From: srubano@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
      6. Re: Re: slightly off-tune? what to do?
           From: Soma576@xxxxxxx
      7. Re: Flat tire what now?
           From: "Walter" <Whalt@xxxxxxx>
      8. Delorean Fall Foliage Tour
           From: turbodmc@xxxxxxxxxxx
      9. Re: Overheating .. surprise..
           From: "Walter" <Whalt@xxxxxxx>
     10. Re: Overheating...
           From: DMCVegas@xxxxxxxx

Message: 1
   Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 09:05:39 -0400
   From: "Palatinus, Joe" <jopalatinus@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Flat tire what now?

Well Darn!
I just had a not so fun night last night. I was comming back from a clinic
where I volunteer and I was on the interstate, and the steering seems to
pull just slightly to the right, nothing big I thinkm and I keep going, then
I here a quiet thud thud thud in the right rear which is getting louder and
louder and shaking the ccar more and more, and of course I have a flat tire.
Since my cell phone is dead, I get the OEM jack out and begin turning the
screw to raise the car up, with a screw driver, as the tool you are suposed
to use was not with the car.  Lucky for me a tow truck guy stopped by, cause
I was never going to raise the car up with that jack.  Her lifted me ip and
put my spare on which  was surprised held air when the car sat on it.  I
hobbled to the next exit where I stopped a a gas sation to notice that the
entire tire has come loose from the spare rim., so I got AAA to tow me back
to college. I had Dunlop tires with about 18,000 miles on them (I am not
really sure how much the previous owner put on them)  BUt anyway I have
decided to invest in 4 new tires, I am currently looking into the MIchilin
XGT h4s and of course the Yokos.  I am more concerned with longevity than
with performance, as this is my daily driver, I probably will put 15,000
niles a year or so on her. Whatda you guys think?  The Yokos I know are good
tires, but they are pretty soft, will they wear quickly?
Thanks
Joe Palatinus
VIN 17167 6808

Message: 2