           From: "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@xxxxxxxxx>
      2. Re: Radio recommendations?
           From: "Joseph Molino" <foxmul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      3. Re: Another DeLorean on E!
           From: theshovel1224@xxxxxxxxx
      4. Re: Spares
           From: srubano@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
      5. Re: Re: Spares
           From: abatt10347@xxxxxxx
      6. Re: Re: Spares
           From: Les Huckins <jhuckins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 15:23:18 -0400 (EDT)
   From: "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Spares

On Fri, 13 Jul 2001, David Swingle wrote:
> Wrong mailing list. The DeLorean uses a timing chain, which would be a
> helluva roadside repair (plus, I've never heard of one failing).

Yea, I realized that right after I hit send.

Plus I'm fairly sure that the PRV is an interference engine so replacing
the chain wouldn't be half of the repair needed.

Anyone had much luck putting a B23/B230FT engine in a Delorean?  I can't
imagine that the plumbing would be more cumbersome than the PRV.

Probably not worth it if all you're looking to do is facilitate an easy
cam belt change on the side of the road.  :)  Weight difference wouldn't
be that great but you can build out 300+ HP quite eaily.

--
| Matthew N. Dodd  | '78 Datsun 280Z | '75 Volvo 164E | FreeBSD/NetBSD  |
| winter@xxxxxxxxx |       2 x '84 Volvo 245DL        | ix86,sparc,pmax |

Message: 2