      1. Re: Gauge problems
           From: jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx
      2. Gas Tank Fixes
           From: dherv10@xxxxxxx
      3. Need For Speed Video Game
           From: "Rustproof" <Rustproof@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      4. Owners in Michigan
           From: delorean502@xxxxxxxxxx
      5. Someone at PNDC tech session...
           From: "Aaron King" <floodle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      6. Re: Going Xenon .. really so expensive?
           From: Jan van de Wouw <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      7. DeLorean key blanks
           From: dirk@xxxxxxxxxxx
      8. Re: EUROFEST 2001
           From: ROBLAMROCK@xxxxxxx
      9. Whistle sound/squeal?
           From: "Stian Birkeland" <dmc_norway@xxxxxxxxxxx>
     10. Re: EUROFEST 2001
           From: "Stian Birkeland" <dmc_norway@xxxxxxxxxxx>
     11. Fwd: Bowie 2001
           From: senatorpack@xxxxxx
     12. Re: Fitting tires in the car?
           From: "David Swingle" <dswingle@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
     13. Re: DeLorean key blanks
           From: Lee <immerse@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 02:58:41 -0000
   From: jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Gauge problems

If you look at the wiring diaghram all of the things that are having a
problem have the #12 connection to ground in common. Reseat the
connecters paying particular attention to the ground connections. You
could also clean the ground connection alongside the left front wheel
on the frame as well "just to be sure!" Since you didn't have these
troubles before you went into the dash you could assume you had
something to do with it ie: you knocked something loose or made a bad
connection. When I am deep inside something, like the dash,  before I
close it up I try to test it. Murphie's law: The more fasteners there
are to close up the more likely something will go wrong after you do!
I don't think this is due to a bad battery but if you suspect it is
bad get it tested and or replaced.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Fernando Dillard" <fdillard@xxxx> wrote:

> Hi List,
>

> I just replaced my binnacle and now my temp, battery gauges and
blinker
> lights are acting funny. Only the left blinker comes on with the
headlights off.
> however when I turn the headlights on the left blinker light comes
on and stays
> on. At the same time the temp gauge will go all the way up and the
battery gauge
> all the way down. Do I need to reseat the connectors to the
binnacle? Or is
> there something else I should be looking at?
>

> My battery does need to be replaced.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Fernando
>
> VIN 10811