[doc] Re: #2727 Twin Turbo Progress

Hello Martin,

Really nice job...
Does this engine runs with this exhausts setup ?
Is it not too noisy without silencer ? I know that turbos reduce it
but it must be very loud...

Could you record a little video with a stock car and this one side by
side to compare engine sound differences ?

Best regards,

Chris.

--- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Martin Gutkowski - DMC Ltd <martin@...>
wrote:

> Hi All
>
> Harking back to a week prior to Eurofest, I posted some photos of my
> friend Rich's #2727 twin turbo engine that we've been building. Quick
> synopsis: 2458cc Renault 25 Turbo even fire EFI engine built into
> DeLorean block with a couple of Alpine GTA bits and an Island twin
turbo
> kit. We added a pair of intercoolers and just prior to Eurofest, fell
> foul of a dead turbo (mucho smoko). The project has been on hold while
> other tasks were cleared following three shows on the trot but in the
> past week, she's had a couple of donor turbos fitted from Mazda 323's
> (still the IHI RHB52 but water cooled - chosen for the capacity of the
> donor engine (1.5 litre) and the factory boost of 9psi). No photos
> because, frankly, it looks exactly mthe same as the ones I posted back
> then...
>
> http://www.delorean.co.uk/DSCN2233.JPG
> http://www.delorean.co.uk/DSCN2234.JPG
> http://www.delorean.co.uk/DSCN2235.JPG
> http://www.delorean.co.uk/DSCN2236.JPG
> http://www.delorean.co.uk/DSCN2237.JPG
>
> ...but it sure as hell goes better.
>
> Currently we have the map that was created on the rolling road under
> normal aspiration, and an ignition map from some other engine set
with a
> MAP limit of 2 bar (1 bar of boost). The MAP sensor Rich bought for the
> engine is from a Ford Cosworth and in calibration, we discovered it
will
> actually measure nearly 20psi of boost despite being a 2 bar sensor (do
> you like the constantly flicking between bar and PSI? :-) The ecu we're
> using has an adaptive mode, and with the addition of a bosch wideband
> lambda sensor, does a remarkable job of writing its own map based
purely
> on driving the thing.
>
> We decided to take the car on a 4 mile trip to the nearest petrol
> station and Rich drove while I watched the ECU outputs like a hawk.
This

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk