From: "Richard Hutchinson" <dickyh11@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;
Sent: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 01:13:46 +0100
Subject: RE: [doc] Re-manufactured Deloreans

I can't comment on the DeLorean Texas cars, but as far as importing is
concerned you have to pay 10% duty on the car + shipping and then VAT on
top of that - or 29.25%

Shipping will cost you around 1000GBP some have paid more, some less. It
depends on the cars location in the States, where it goes to in the UK
and the company you use

Rich H
DOC 365 VIN 1274

Of
> Dyfrig Morgan
> Sent: 15 July 2006 19:44
> To: doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [doc] Re-manufactured Deloreans
>
> Hello everyone,
>
> New to the group so apologies if this post has already been covered
> earlier. I've been looking out a Delorean for some time and was rather
> taken with the idea with a re-manufactured model from delorean.com.
> Putting aside the cost for a moment (even with a strong exchange
> rate), I was wondering whether anyone has imported one and if so, what
> their experience has been. Specifically, is the engine upgarde they
> offer worthwhile? Does it effect insurance? How good is the build
> quality? Is there anything that should be upgraded that they miss? Do
> the cars hold their value?
>
> On a more general basis, roughly how much does it cost to import a
> car? How much duty does one need to pay now?
>
> Any advice gratefully received!!
>
> Dyf.

> --
14/07/2006