[doc] Club Secretary / New DOC Forum

Hello All

Firstly can i just say a very big thank you to everybody for the
kind words not only on here, but by private email and the numerous
calls i have recieved regarding the Club Secretary position. Many of
these are from people until now, i have not even met or corresponded
with.
All i can say is that i will give this post 100% and will carry on
building on the very good work of my honorable predecessor.

Thank you.

Im sure you will all remember various discussions regarding
our 'Yahoo Auto group' and the 'limitations' this particular
newsgroup format offers in the terms of its flexibility. I have over
the last few months been discussing this format at great length with
many club members and in every case all agree we 'deserve' something
better.

Therefore after careful consideration, I am proposing to set up a
package based upon 'vBulletin' software. This is used by a lot of
newsgroups in particular 'Auto' based ones.

Those of you who view 'Tamir's DeLorean Site' will recognize this
format.

I am proposing that the newgroup be 'built up' to provide a valuable
source of information for owners and enthusiasts. With specific '
information' sections accessable only by DOC members.

Possibly along with:-

Technical Sections
Product Reviews
Club / Other DOC attended events / Calender of Events
'Online 'PDF' version of the club magazine' (A possible aim of this
is to try and build up the club membership by offering a cost
incentive to those who would rather not recieve 'paper' magazines.)

There are various sub sections or categories we could have within
the newsgroup.

May i add that we have had a couple of donations towards the
purchase cost and update of the software by individuals who wish to
remain anonymous.

Like the current format i personally would wish our newsgroup to
remain 'unmoderated' (Obviously with moderators 'on hand ' )It would
be nice  that when we reach the stage of putting this
newsgroup 'online' that all members could fill out a short profile
of themselves, just basic stuff like your name / vin number /
general location , maybe even a Avator pic so we can all get to know
each other better even though we may not see each other for ages :)

The above is all purely a suggestion nothing is set in stone as yet.
Can i open it to all for sugestions as what people would like to see
and also volunteers for 'site administrators'

Im looking forward to your sugestions and comments. (I am aiming to
get this up and running in 4 -6 weeks)

Kind Regards

Mike
#2001 HEC6T