[doc] supercar Sunday late news

Hi all,
Supercar Sunday is taking place at Gaydon THIS SUNDAY 18th June and they
would be delighted to see as many Deloreans as wish to turn up.

I'm very sorry for all the late notice on this but the e-mail reply which I
apparently got two weeks ago disappeared into my spam bin along with offers
to enlarge certain parts of my anatomy, provide me with a Russian bride, or
supply tablets to increase my virility.  However, I have spoken to Emma the
Organiser and she would be delighted as ever to see us.  I shall be going
(car willing, of course, though it has been reliable for the last few
outings!) and would love to meet up with as many as can come.

The deal is, anyone turning up in a Delorean gets in free, but passenger
pays (£6).  Emma will find us somewhere to park to display cars, and there
will be some snacks and drink available. We won't be doing the entry
cavalcade as in previous years but possible an exit cavalcade (how many cars
do you need for a 'cavalcade' ?).  We must arrive by 11am as it gets very
busy after that.  I am happy to link up with anyone who wants to travel in
convoy up the M40.

Furthermore, there is the opportunity to drive round their emissions test
track (featuring a two mile straight) which would provide a good photo
opportunity.  Unfortunately she can't waive the £20 fee, as the track owners
are charging her.  But at least it goes all the way round, which is more
than can be said for Brooklands.

Emma would like to know numbers as soon as possible.  Sending forms is not
necessary but it would be good to know who's coming. If you can e-mail me on
the list I will aggregate (too many long complicated words today) numbers
and let her know, in the hope that we can get a bit of grass to park on and
help tip the balance of cars slightly away from the Lamborghini plethora
which is expected.

Further details about the event can be found on the web site  www
supercarsunday.co.uk/ and a form for the track run can be downloaded if you
wish.

Looking forward to meeting up.  I'd better get polishing.

Tony Lawther
Southampton

http://us.click.yahoo.com/.7bhrC/MGxNAA/yQLSAA/HliolB/TM