[doc] Lotus 06

Well, what can I say?... That is almost certainly the best DeLorean
weekend I've ever had.

A few public thanks are called for. Firstly Arran who effective
subsidised the whole weekend for all the rest of us, Thank you very much
Arran you kind hospitality and attention.   (he is prepared to do it
again in the future!)

Next, Dave Howarth and Tommy who collected and installed our Illuminate
back drop and JZD mannequin, (they had been on loan to organisers of
Euro-fest in Northern Ireland).   To our overseas members and visitors.

To Davis Palmer who brought his beautiful, low mileage RHD car from its
8 years slumber, especially for our event.

To Barrie Wills and Stuart Craven who entertained us so admirably with
their memories of working for DeLorean, you could have heard a pin drop
in our busy room during their address.

To Martin Gutkowowski, Dan Shane and James Espey and other's for their
contribution to our raffle.

Clive Dopson,  the Managing Directory of Lotus, who found time to pop
down and see the largest number of DeLorean cars EVER assembled at the
Lotus Factory.

Lisa Hartgrove and her team at Lotus who organised our factory tours and
drives around the test track.

To the new CEO of Lotus, Mike Kimberly who as you can see, sent his best
regards:-

 Dear Chris

Avril and I were really looking forward to getting an evening away and
meeting old friends.  Unfortunately, as Barrie has already let you know,
our Board meetings with my Malaysian shareholders have over-run on
timing and we are completing the last Board meeting in London to-day
(3rd June) starting at 5.00 p.m.

Both Avril and I very much regret not being able to be with you all but
would ask you to please give my personal best regards to everyone who
gave so much to accomplish what is still to-day, in my opinion, the
fastest car ever to market from clean sheet and green field to SOP and
sale with the DMC 12.  I believe that this was only accomplished by the
absolute commitment and dedication of everyone involved at DeLorean and
Lotus Engineering and am proud to have been part of it.

Very best regards to all.

Mike Kimberley

And finally to Colin Spooner, who took my breath away by presenting me
with a Custom made "DMC" Cartier Pen, complete with red leather box,
that had previously been given to him by none other than John Z
DeLorean!  Such generosity is rare in deed.    Colin then gave us a very
interesting talk before presenting us with our Lotus track day
certificates.

But of course it would have been nothing with you, all of you, the
fabulous members of the best car club in the world.

 Regards

Chris P  Honoured to be your secretary.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/97bhrC/LGxNAA/yQLSAA/HliolB/TM