[doc] Re: Eurofest - Only D's could get away with this ...

[doc] Re: Eurofest - Only D's could get away with this ...

hiya ...

here's a link to one of the pics ... we hunted down the group of fly-
boys who had been hovering over us in a nearby car park a short
while before, they were busily tucking into thier lunch in a rather
plush hotel, and after a chat with them and getting permission from
the hotel owner Flopsy and Sorbet were duly set up for a photo shoot
for us and a host of bemused tourists/locals  .. what a laugh. but
some things just have to be done :-)

http://www.fab1.net/images/rescue1.jpg

PhillW
DOC 233
6772 ... sorbet :-)

--- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Claire Usher" <claire_usher71@...>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> well we got back to Derbyshire after an 828 mile round trip at
about
> 8.30pm tonight.  We decided to stop over in Carlisle last night
rather
> then drive all the way back in one go and we had great fun
convoying
> back with the Dutch and Belgian DeLoreans from Stranraer. As the
sun
> was out today in the North West, we decided to take the scenic
route
> home through the Lake District and took in Ullswater, Kirkstone
Pass,
> Windermere and Bowness (and became our own 'mini tourist
attraction as
> a result!).  Ullswater was a right laugh, we got noticed in the car
> park by the RAF Rescue helicopter as they often land nearby and go
> into a local hotel for lunch - they were waving at us from the
> helicopter whilst doing a very low flypast, so at the
recommendation
> of the people at the visitor centre, we drove round to the hotel
and
> chatted to the pilots, who were very happy to have a photo shoot of
> Flopsy and Sorbet with their helicopter on the lawn of the hotel
right
> on the banks of Ullswater :-)  only DeLorean's could get away with
> that I think! :-D
>
> Eurofest, what can I say, a complete blast, Flopsy totally behaved
> herself - with the exception of her passenger side outer doorhandle
> breaking off at Stranraer (well, something had to break!! lol) -
and I
> have to admit to shedding several emotional tears as I drove Flopsy
> into her 'birthplace' in Dunmurry for the first time in nearly 25
years.

> Huge thanks to Rob Lamrock, Alistair McCann, Paul Jenkins, Brian
> Hamilton, Neal Barclay and everyone in the DOI/DOA for organising a
> great event.  The people of Belfast and Northern Ireland were
> fantastic, the hospitality was great, and I cant wait to go back
to NI
> with Flopsy for a touring holiday in the near future.
>
> The weather was also 95% perfect, I couldnt help thinking that
maybe
> JZD had put in a good word for us with "the man upstairs"? :o)
>
> Congrats to Chris and Rachel too :o)
>
> Also, after chatting to a few of the "Benelux" DeLorean members,
I've

http://us.click.yahoo.com/_7bhrC/NGxNAA/yQLSAA/HliolB/TM